View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 03:56 AM
Flyinguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by BRubble View Post
What is Piedmont asking for in return for a pay raise??

Are you kidding me? What time are you living in? This isn’t some contractual TA where we have to give a little to get a little.

They want to stop people leaving in mass and get people to come. They came to US! We are not going to have to give anything up.

The counter just means we asked for an amount, and they are countering it with less than we asked. There is no way they are stupid enough to actually ask for a concession from us. They need this place to look more appealing than it does now. You don’t get greater appeal by making it worse or breaking even, or slightly better. Both to applicants, and to those that have been here less than 2 years or they are going to not get any more applicants and are going to lose 250 more pilots.

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
Just bein honest. Barely a year and a half ago... it only took American 3-4 months to completely get rid of Air Wisconsin.
AAG was bitter enough at F9 from just potentially taking 30 of our pilots that they ended jump seat agreement. If AAG does that for losing 30ish pilots, how are they going to manage to lose 725 of them?

Originally Posted by FmrPropCapt View Post
It'll happen. Just don't expect anything earth shattering this time around. You'll get the money, you'll prob get one or two QOL improvements. Increase in flow? Almost certainly won't happen. Scheduling? Nothing you can do about that until either larger aircraft show up or aag downgrades regional aircraft size on longer legs. I could care less if you believe me but I know what I'm talking about unlike a number of people that think you will have similar work rules as aag. You guys are expendable don't forget that. They will crush you to prove a point to envoy.
Who exactly do you know?

Surely you aren't friends of PDT management, because you aren't helping them in the least. If this company merges, or goes away, what are they going to put on their resume? "I was management for a company that started in 1948 and survived many mergers and grew from nothing and survived 9/11, then when the aviation business was booming at unprecedented levels... we managed to run it into the ground". Sounds like a fantastic resume...

This is a PDT vs. AAG if anything. This is not a management vs. pilots. If we (pilots) merge, we all have jobs at a better paying, higher quality of life place. Or we dissolve, we get a job at an even better paying higher quality of life place and maybe end up at a legacy sooner than we would have flowed anyway.
If we merge, upper management does not have a job waiting for them, and they are screwing a bunch of schedulers and dispatchers out of a job, that had little to do with this.

I hope if you are a friend of upper management, you try to talk some sense into them. If they want to keep their jobs, they better fight for the pilots. Better for us = better for them. Worse for us = unemployment line.

Last edited by Flyinguy; 04-30-2019 at 04:29 AM.