View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 11:07 PM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

Originally Posted by BobZ View Post
You have a peculiar take on historical facts.

The invasion of Poland was sept. 1939. The initial US supply of England began in 1940.

In addition to war material and humanitarian support, in the time from 1939 to Dec 7 1941, hundreds of Americans volunteeered and joined the English forces to fight the Germans.

Likewise American volunteers were engaged well ahead of official entry to conflict in the pacific/asia.

I wonder how many nordic model volunteers showed up?

Sweden allowed the nazis to use their rail-transportation to move military units to fight the russians. I suppose in the cold war the soviets didnt invade sweden was the same reason they didnt invade mexico.
You are arguing all over the map here, and making no sense. You claimed it was the American supply of Russia that allowed Russia to withstand the Germans during the Battle of Moscow. You are also wrong in your claim that the United States began supplying England in 1940. The U.S. was bound by a policy of neutrality in the 1930s. In late 1940, the U.K. began inquiring about was to secure U.S. aid, but it was not until February 1941 that Congress began to debate ending its policy of neutrality and begin sending aid. The "Lend-Lease" policy, which was the policy of U.S. aid to allied countries, including the U.K., was signed into law on March 11, 1941. The first aid to the Soviet Union, using materials manufactured in and shipped by the U.K., with U.S. financing, did not begin until October 1, 1941. The vast majority of goods financed and/or supplied by the United States to the Soviet Union (97.9% based on tonnage) did not come until after the start of 1942, after the tide had turned against Germany.

Secondly, again, you have skirted the question as to how the modern "Nordic Model", which began well after WW2 ended, would not be possible without U.S. military aid when Sweden was able to develop it completely independent of any U.S. military aid or alliance.

You make an assumption, without any facts, about why the Soviet Union did not invade Sweden, and made an absolutely stupid comparison with Mexico. Sweden directly bumped up against the Soviet Union, separated only by a small stretch of the Baltic Sea from Soviet territory. Sweden also controlled(jointly with Denmark) the Soviet Union's naval access through the Baltic Sea to the Atlantic Ocean. Controlling Sweden would have given the Soviet Union a major strategic advantage in the Cold War. Mexico was an entirely different animal altogether, being across an ocean, significantly larger, and militarily aligned with the United States. So please provide some facts to back up your assertion that during the Cold War, the Soviet Union did not invade Sweden for the same reason it did not invade Mexico. I'll even settle for a somewhat reasonable logical argument for the reasons being the same now that you have received a bit of a geography lesson (I guess you did not pay enough for your education...)

Given the fallacy of your arguments and your inability to draw a logical conclusion, or answer a simple question, I would say you are spending a little too much of you $250k salary on beer and not enough on your education.

Yes, I did fly for WOW Air. Am I supposed to be embarrassed or ashamed by that? Please let me know if that is the case, and I will see if I can learn to feel that shame. I promise I will let you know if that happens.

Oh, and still no takers on the Chapter 11 question?