View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 04:06 AM
GregSa
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Default How has Mountain Air Cargo changed?

I have been reading some information about MAC and some of their changes to the company in the last year and I was wondering what they may be. I was reading that they quit doing in base living if I'm correct. (I may have put that wrong) what does that mean exactly?

Also while I'm here, I plan to possibly come to this company after flying regionals in a couple of years. Based on my flight hours and experience, how are part 121 pilots coming to the company treated? Is there any incentive for military helicopter pilots on top of that? Is it straight to the Caravans? Possibly ATR? I see they offer an additional 20K for moving to places like Duluth, buffalo and north Dakota with a one year commitment. Is this an additional 20k for the longevity of working at that base? Is it possibly to make more than say 65k or 45k for the year working on PTO weeks ? What does a FO schedule normally look like? Night shift? Off on weekends? Home everyday?

These are just some of the questions I have. The purple runway program looks attractive (I know it's not a guarantee to Fedex). But all the same cargo so far appeals to me. Thanks in advance.