Thread: Wanna bet some FDX >60 guys go back without a bid?

Albief15 , 12-16-2007 08:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2006
I agree with Busboy.

Lot of tender nerves right now. There is an absence of info. However, everyone should breathe through their nose--deeply. The leap from a slowdown in hiring and the economy to the F-word is a big leap. Just chill for a bit...

Next--nobody on the MEC has indicated any preference for anything EXCEPT bidding for seats. I was as aghast as anyone at DW pushing for retro. However, I have also heard it was intended to A) prevent lawsuits (I sort of scoff) and B) a bid for POP for some of those guys..NOT a seat. He doesn't have me on his Christmas card list, so I can't read his mind...and I'm not yet in a position to directly address these questions. However...my IMPRESSION is the MEC position has been and continues to be folks will BID for seats...not automatically flow into them.

And--if that is NOT the case--we'll soon know the real score. Until then--all this angst and speculation is just guys chasing their tails.

But I understand the pain...and the frustration...at both the situation and the info vacuum the last year. However--even the BEST of unions and MECs won't have 100% SA on a change this big for a while. We will just have to wait this one out a bit. I agree, however, that emailing/calling your rep with your concerns is a good plan.