View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 07:30 AM
Goingupinverted
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by Tjeff View Post
So MK is telling pilots in CUT that ALPA should be taking the money, LH the CEO, yes the CEO is in the PHL Crew Room saying ALPA should take the money, the seniority list hasn't been updated in months, rumors are flying around like crazy about no one showing up for interviews and you want to #takethemoney?

You want to #takethemoney because YOU BELIEVE that it won't help recruiting and retention. In case you haven't notice that Piedmont is the expert at putting band aids on staffing and just because YOU BELIEVE it won't improve staffing doesn't mean it won't. Here is the thing, increasing pay maybe won't have the masses flooding in for interviews, but if the already lackluster recruiting can show relatively competitive pay rates to just get a few more pilots in every month that may be just enough of a band aid. They have cadets who already have no idea what they're getting into signing 2 years out scared to death to back out of their commitments like it's some black stain or that they will have to pay some absurd amount of money back (not true). RTP's which has been a failing program from the start and the company wanted to back away from. Those two groups are currently the only reason the past few months of classes haven't been 1-3 people each. Just look and talk to the NH classes and you will see that is the case.

The goal here is to get JUST ENOUGH people to keep the planes in the air. Why did AA come to us to give us money? Because we hit our triple play goal in January? NOPE. It's because they know it will be just barely, BARELY, good enough to get enough pilots in the door. You realize right now with what PSA did that Piedmont currently has the worst QOL, worst PAY, equal to worse flow/Upgrade times. Reference the first paragraph, chief pilots and CEOs wouldn't be trying to talk to the non MEC pilots directly about how we should take the pay unless they were desperate.

Yeah let's #takethepay because I think it won't help recruiting.. Why don't you reference 2016's pay raise, and yeah I know I know they was more potential here but pretty much anywhere that has rolled out a significant pay raise will get JUST ENOUGH, uninformed pilots to cover staffing. They WILL NOT come back to the table until they need too and honestly if they do it probably wouldn't be for a year.

#donttakethemoneybecausewehavesomuchleverageandify oudoyougivesomeback

Man I don't know if some of you guys posting have money problems or just don't have second level thinking or are just trolling
Was about to say the same but you said all that needed to be said. Oh, and all of the #takethemoney people, I’m struggling with the frugal pay as well. But, you have you to see the big picture and not be so short sighted. You’ve been “missing” out on the pay ever since you set foot through the door at Piedmont.
Maybe some of the posters are management in disguise?