Old 05-05-2019, 11:08 AM
Venkman
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Small to large - in that order.

Originally Posted by 1212135 View Post
Pay if you go PIC route 1st year is 90K you and your family medical is 100% paid. The 8/6 is industry standard. I have had day-8 that I’ve been home by lunch others I got home very close to midnight so it does vary widely. Depends on time of year and your home base vs what side of country you are on for that rotation. 90% of the time you find out your next days scheduale around 3-5pm. It’s subject to change but usually you will know the evening before. Yes they absolutely respect the 6 days off. Now sometimes they will offer premium pay but it’s not a mandate. If it’s not worth it to you, you can go home and won’t hear one word about it. They know they work us hard but they do respect are time off. I can’t even find one pilot that has ever said they purposely forced them to work an extra day.
Very cool, thank you. Yes 8/6 sounds just fine especially since they’re adamant that travel is done on days 1 & 8. So 6 days off is truly 6 days off. Most of what I’m able to find is neutral to positive with very few complaints. That’s as close to a glowing recommendation as you’ll find on the internet!