View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 04:20 AM
Blueridger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Chrysler Pacifica

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
I have a NJA interview soon and cannot find some answers to a few interview questions...I am a 121 guy so we dont do much math!

How do you convert Ft/per NM to a climb gradient in percent. An example would be nice.

How about runway slope?

I am really excited about this opportunity and don't want to botch it up! Any more thoughts, gouge...ect....send it this way!

Come on dude, seriously??? Runway slope is simply rise over run (then multiply by 100 for the percentage), and the conversion of Ft/NM to percent is simply the required gradient divided by the number of feet in a NM. I was a 121 regional guy too and that kind of math was still very widely used.....

Anyhow, to help you out with your upcoming interview, I would suggest studying the FAR/AIM as a primary reference. Most of the technical questions will come straight out of there. Then be yourself when it comes to HR and always think about 1) Safety / compliance and 2) Customer service when it comes to all the scenario questions and you will do fine.
As for the sim, well, just fly as best you can. It's an easy airplane to fly and the maneuvers are simply steep turns, holds, and vectors to an ILS. This is an abbreviated gouge of what to expect from when I interviewed (about 1.5 yrs ago) so hopefully it should still be the same. Good luck!