Old 05-06-2019, 07:24 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
I’m interested in a PIC opening. Anyone able to weigh in on their experience going that route? Pay and benefits seem very decent and the 8/6 at least has predictability which I’m lacking on call. I expect they work you pretty good on your 8. Do you go into your rotation knowing what the week entails (more or less), or is it more like you get tomorrow’s info the night before? Do they respect the 6 off or is there lots of extending and “asking” you to stretch your on days?
I got hired as PIC and was really pretty happy with it, pay was good, very good benefits etc. I also like their hiring process, one Skype interview and your pretty much told your hired. I put in my App and got an email same day. Home based is awesome if you would have to commute for a major. Good people at Gama, good atmosphere, chief pilot was a bit cocky (very young) for me but whatever, hope to never see him. Overall I thought it was a great place. I left for NJA only because it was more money and 7/7 in a jet that does a lot of coast to coast and Caribbean and South America, but WU has a great model for who they are targeting as customers. Can't say a bad thing about the place (still where my swag on days off-nice stuff). If you do get hired heed the advice and start the CBT's as soon as you get access, they say a week, I did 6 hours a day for 2 weeks!