Thread: Empire airlines
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Redbeard
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by PittsFlyer View Post
I mean I guess for pilots who are used to new planes with glass the ATR would seem like an antique, but I actually fly really old airplanes and still have to fly IFR with crap steam gauges so the ATR seems like a step up for me.
But I agree if the majors is your goal you would be silly not to just go to a jet regional.
Thanks for the info anyway.
Ultimately does come down to the personal reasons for picking any job. What are your end goals, what QOL are you after, etc..

Yes, if your in an older plane then the ATR right now, it will be a step up, I can relate to that. Not a big one though, still has a 6 pack and some still just have an outdated GPS at best. But a lot a places now you can go straight into the E175 which is only what, like 30 years newer than most ATR??

Ive been told on the FedEx side the QOL is good since you can be home every day, but depending on your base, you may only be home a few hours during the day and sleeping in a hotel 5 nights a week.

I can also relate to taking a less than desirable job in order to not commute or move, so do whatever is best for you. Empire is not the best company around and probably (might be close) not the worst either.