Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Xjrstreetcar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by flensr View Post
Sorry to dispute your experience but that just about summarizes my Delta interview... Hey lets spend 20 minutes looking at all your high school and college transcripts except your 3.87 GPA for your MBA because that was correspondence and actually counts against you. Hmm you also say that you might have failed a daily sortie in military UPT but don't have your UPT gradebook to prove it? That's a red flag for sure, there's the door don't come back.

Seriously. 2 topics in the interview, my high school grades and the fact that I honestly stated that while I never failed any checkride of any sort, I probably failed *something* in UPT but don't have my gradebook for details. 1 year re-apply, which for an ex-USAF fighter pilot who was a stan-eval chief means don't come back.

They've got a hiring system that works for them, and it's got a few landmines in there. Step on one and you don't need to reapply. I've got a bunch of friends at Delta who say it's a great place to work but the interview team was clearly triggered by my high school grades before I walked into the room and it went downhill from there. They didn't ask a single question about my flying experience. Not one. The hardball question - "So, what do you think about education NOW?"

Spirit and SWA interviews were polar opposites of Delta. Half an hour chatting about flying, then go over the logbook to find some more flying stories to chat about. When can you start? Totally different approach.
Just wow! High school grades! Do they ask about FAA written scores as well? At least there is a public study about those scores and accident rates.