Old 05-12-2019, 03:41 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by CJflyer74 View Post
I’ve been thinking about applying for a FO position with WU. I certainly meet the mins (have an ATP and 500 multi-jet). I just wanted to get some feedback from the current pilots on something a little more subjective. How do you all like flying the King Air 350 on an eight day stretch? Are you counting the days until you are upgraded to the jet fleet, or are you enjoying it?

I think the King Air 350 looks like it would be a very fun airplane. I have some experience in the Pilatus PC-12 and really enjoyed it. A buddy of mine who is in jets recently remarked to me that flying a King Air that much (on an eight day schedule) would be awful (as compared to working in jets). I know you’re cruising lower and dealing with more weather, but that doesn’t really bother me. My eventual goal is not the major airlines, which is also why I don’t mind going from jets to props. Any thoughts on how you all do or don’t like the airplane? Thanks very much.

flew it for a bit, I thought it was a lot of work, beast to fly and back breaking to stock because you cannot stand up, but WU is a good place to be, you will never get on a jet at Gama in my opinion!