Old 05-12-2019, 12:06 PM
cheap
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default USAF Flight Records to Electronic Logbook

Agreed it’s not worth it, although you technically can count OTHER if you were the A-code. Here’s the formula I used:

Add PRI and SEC at the point you upgraded to AC (your HARM records should have an FHR around that time you can do the math from). Make sure SIM and OTHER is excluded. That’s all SIC.

Next take the rest of your PRI, SEC, INSTR and EVAL time now (or all your eligible time and subtract your AC upgrade SIC totals). That should be all your time since upgrading (still no SIM and I personally didn’t count OTHER from an abundance of conservatism). Multiply this time by 90% to account for flights after AC upgrade when you may not have been the acting A-code. This is your new PIC total.

Don’t forget to add that 10% leftover to your pre-AC time to get your SIC total. That’s it - seems to be pretty commonly accepted practice. You may have to calculate annual flight hour totals for the past five years if interviewing with SWA, but that just took 20m with a scientific calculator (very handy for the display to keep track of where you are and for the backspace ability).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk