View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 04:52 PM
gibmaerd
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019
Default class dates and Newark Base

New on here so forgive any questions that have been answered in previous threads.

So my first question is how hard is it to get a Newark base vs LGA if I ever actually make it Republic.

and my second questions is about class dates, Just trying to figure out all the confusion with class dates. Here is my situation I work at a flight school and interviewed couple months ago and received a "projected class date of September 2019". This was a bit odd to me considering 2 of my coworkers who interviewed several months prior to me received projected class dates of November 2019. Fast forward to present day and those coworkers have their times needed and nothing solid on class dates. Keep in mind over the last couple months they have been constant communications between the recruiter and them and its been something along the lines of "we will have an update for you on this date", the date comes and goes and no update other than a new date to expect an update lol. So looking at it from my point of view it feels like its just dangling a carrot so you don't go anywhere else until they can get everyone through training. It just makes no sense why they give me a projected class date of September when these guys were way ahead of me and only a couple months away from having their ATP minimums and they couldn't even get them a class date.

Just trying to get some clarity on all this because Republic is where I want to go but I just want to know if I should "Seek life elsewhere". Any insight is appreciated greatly. thank you and have a blessed day.