Old 05-14-2019, 09:45 AM
Savages
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by tnkrdrvr View Post
You will hear a lot of different approaches to how you should reduce your “aircraft commander” time to account for flights with IPs or dual AC flights. There really isn’t a need to do this. Simply add up all your flight time since you were qualified to hold the A code (less any Other time logged), that is your PIC time.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I am confused as to whether I need to reduce my PIC time using the 80-90% rule? You say there isn't a need to reduce my AC time. Others say there is, for example a previous post on this thread. I may be off base here but I thought I could only count PIC time if my signature was on the flight orders as the primary A-code, even if there were other A-code straphangers on the jet? And unless I have every single 781 from when I was an AC then I would "guestimate" how much time I was actually PIC?

I completely understand the SIC time as I have a **** load of it as a co-pilot, just want to put down as much primary time as possible without getting a stink eye during a records review.

Thanks again. Cheers.