View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 07:12 PM
pooch817
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

I was on the Board under Nick O'Connell not long after APA stated. I felt we did some good things. I got active on the Board again just before I retired and felt it was the sorriest outfit going. The weakness of APA is the Board has so much power that the Board members attempt running the Union and the Company. Most board members are not doing what they are supposed to be doing; taking care of the pilots at their base. Instead Board members try to run the Union and the Company this results in a bunch limited experienced knot heads getting blown away by the Company management. The Union is at its best when there is an active participation by the pilots. That means for starters go to Union meeting. Active input by the line pilots is where the core of Union intelligence is found. Unfortunately most members do not participate or even go to meeting this opens the door to the various "hate the Company" individuals that the only thing they know about negotiation is saying no. The Union is at its best when there is a broad participation by the membership. If the membership stays home the union will get lousy in a hurry.