View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 06:47 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Sledding like that, in pajamas and bare feet, can be dangerous.

Especially on rainbows. A lady I have known for decades says they can be sharp.

I visited the American Kratom Association web site, linked above. I was curious about the orgnization: was it a scientific body composed of researchers who were promoting a product based on their efforts, and who were willing to hang their reputations on the line, or was it an organization made up of a bunch of wuffos who had nothing to do with anything but promoting their flavor of the day?

Turns out it's the latter. Visit the link "Leadership," and you find that Chairman of the Board Herman was a hotel and investment banker. The treasurer and secretary was in marketing. Board member Graham is an accountant. Board member Bake is a venture capitalist with a background in marketing. Executive Director Candland has an "extensive business background." A running clock at the bottom of the page advises that it's been 274 days since the FDA refused to meet with them.

A little more reading will reveal that the AKA established itself for branding, to require all kratom manufacturers and sellers to come to it to get a branded AKA Seal, as one who holds the AKA approval for their "Good Manufacturing Process."

"It is only through the generosity of individual donors and volunteers that we have been able to fight anti-kratom legislation throughout the united states."

A nonprofit organized by marketers, agenda driven and selling a brand. That's the source one should look to for a whole picture and better understanding, before ingesting a potentially lethal herbal drug.

Last edited by JohnBurke; 05-16-2019 at 07:07 AM.