Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:11 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Agreed, but we GET to pick our hotels....

Originally Posted by UTR69 View Post
If you want to get a flavor for the ops tempo, you can follow these XL tails on flightaware:

832JS
837JS
836JS
839JS
843JS
886CP
806JS
824JS
847JS
827JS

Watch and you can see how the "day to day" life is.

From my perspective, FE is a small company trying to grow into big shoes, however your dispatch will come via email showing your repo or live legs and your trip sheets will also come via email so they are clearly still barebones.

You will do your own FRATS, flight planning, weight and balance, running to the store to buy a lime for the pax, etc, etc....and you will do all of that on your off time.

Your stock will consider of getting to a stock locker (literally a locker with a lock on it at a few airports) and grabbing whatever you need or running to Target to buy the purple bag of Lays potato chips "multipack".

I dont think I ever experienced any "FBO rot" and they were very good about releasing us to the hotel (oh you haveto book that yourself) when we were done for the day. Never, if ever, "hot spare", etc.

Management is supporting and I hardly ever got any pushback from CP or DO. HOWEVER, you can expect to feel a slight pressure to always get it done because it might be a "top customer".

If you need to get some 135 experience or knock some rust off, it is a decent place to go for maybe a year to get experience under your belt.

Good luck
Hey UTR,

That’s a pretty accurate description of our operational tempo and hotel life. The only amendment that I would like to make is that we GET to pick our hotels, rather than being forced to... A Netjets pilot walked up to us and said... “You guys HAVE to pick your hotels, huh”, and then one one thousand, two one thousand.. wait of it.. “You guys GET to pick your own hotels.... That’s pretty awesome”.

This is the first place that I have had that option and love it. Believe me that I would never go back to having my hotels selected by scheduling that got the contract by cutting out free breakfast; Been there done it.. Great idea about the FlightAware tracking