Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey UTR,

That’s a pretty accurate description of our operational tempo and hotel life. The only amendment that I would like to make is that we GET to pick our hotels, rather than being forced to... A Netjets pilot walked up to us and said... “You guys HAVE to pick your hotels, huh”, and then one one thousand, two one thousand.. wait of it.. “You guys GET to pick your own hotels.... That’s pretty awesome”.

This is the first place that I have had that option and love it. Believe me that I would never go back to having my hotels selected by scheduling that got the contract by cutting out free breakfast; Been there done it.. Great idea about the FlightAware tracking
I find it difficult to believe you have an open ended credit card to stay were ever you want too. I’d be at the Ritz Carlton every night. Seeing your pilots caring around Holiday Inn Express coffee cup makes me wonder if there’s a little bit more you are not telling. And if the poster above this one is right and your limited to 135.00 a night. That’s laughable. After 2 years I’ve had maybe 1 legitimate crappy hotel that ops was unaware of. 1 report with a photo we never stay at that S$&Thole again. I’m top level at Hilton and Marriott never pay for breakfast anyway so why would I care if dispatch negotiate it out. Quit insulting other Companies FE May be a good airline but your trashing and making insults at what most pilots consider to be the top 3 to 5 part135 carrier is making your company look unappealing to pilots.
1. Your pay compensation is low average
2. Your insurance for a single pilot is pretty good —have a family and it’s terribly expensive.
3. 8/6 is industry standard
3B. Your over time and get home flight cancellation pay is low average.
4. Pick your room or a logistics person will do it makes no difference to most pilots. I’ve heard very few (NJA,XO,GAMA,FXJ) complain about hotel quality.
5. Live at home basing -standard
6. You may not have airport standby which would be a great thing. But I find it difficult to believe your company not willing to hold crews at the airport to get good paying recovery trips from NJA,XO,WUP. But if they don’t they don’t that’s about the one good thing I can find.
So quit trying to insult other companies that your pilot work force is leaving FE in droves to go work for other Part 135 carriers. Southwest Delta etc hires from all Part135 carriers to act like FE has some magical key in nonsense.

Last edited by 1212135; 05-17-2019 at 07:19 PM.