Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 08:13 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Lightbulb Please tell me where I “insulted” anyone...

Originally Posted by 1212135 View Post
Hey B727DRVR
While I’m not for or against Fly exclusive. There compensation is low. Even as compared to GAMA. Insurance while free for pilot (have a wife or kid) there goes your entire paycheck. A pilot will ***** about everything but in today’s pilot shortage market if you can even offer the same package another carrier does I don’t know if I’d sit on a high horse insulting pilots for wanting better. Give free healthcare to pilots and families then you can call us cry babies. But to be lowest pay or close to it and McDonald’s worker type premium for family insurance I’d be careful insulting pilots for wanting better. I embarrassed for fly exclusive when it comes to that. Most regional airlines have better insurance premiums and coverage and there’s all blow. Like I said I have no beef with fly exclusive but until your company can offer at least 1 industry leading perk please don’t insult pilots. You may one day be bigger than NJA and GAMA XOjet Flex Jet but even the mighty are finding ways to stay ahead of the next competitor as far as compensation. So to not even be on par or barely on par with current market levels Is gonna put you at a disadvantage.

But like I said I hope Fly Exclusive does well. But the comment about a pilot wanting a checked mailed after doing nothing. I can remember the days if you didn’t have 5,000+ hours a company like yours wouldnt even waste the ink sending an “email” politely rejecting them. So times have changed and if I was that pilot that asked for the check to be mailed.I’d say remember how pilots got treated in 2010. Pay backs a “B” to any management unless they were offering Top QOL PAY and Insurance. And keep in mind your pilots are leaving for other 135 carriers too. The deck of cards ( Pilots) gets continuously shuffled.
Duuuuuuuuuuuude..

I don’t know where to begin. Please tell me where I insulted anyone....: Anyone that knows me, and my profile here, knows that I am a defender of pilots. I don’t even really attack people on here that are disingenuous.... If I do go after them, I try to be funny about it.

I started my last response with a lighthearted joke about the subject matter, which was meant to be funny. The point that I was trying to make when you somehow got insulted was that the Company is only 4 years old: It is UNREASONABLE to assume that the Company can provide some of these perks that our deep pocket competitors provide, overnight. The fact that we come as close as we do to some of our competition, in just 4 short years, is pretty amazing.

Again, sure I wish that we had a 7/7 schedule and better insurance, but I’m also glad that we don’t have a 10/5 or a 10/8 schedule. Could the pay be better? Sure... Have they done periodic pay raises? Yes they have, and I’m sure that they will have to do more to keep up. The same with insurance; As we gain more employees, we will have more bargaining power and the insurance will get better.

In conclusion, I didn’t insult anyone... I simply don’t think it is realistic to expect a 4 year old company that is not Kenny Dichter or Warren Buffet supported, to already have a Netjets schedule or GAMA pay.., thus my joke. And I remember how bad things were at Netjets prior to their Industry Leading Contract that their pilots fought for. I also remember how crappy Southwest was considered in the 90’s and even up to 2000, compared to the “Majors”.... I’m not saying that we will turn into a SWA or Netjets, but we aren’t doing bad for a 4 year old company.

If anyone was offended though, please accept my apologies................