View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 05:22 PM
fenix1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

I appreciate it, but my question centers on procedural matters that would be somewhat common for all issues that drive the need for a HIMS AME (specific tests may vary somewhat per individual diagnoses, but the process would be fairly constant). I’d prefer to leave the specific medical matters to medical professionals and my goal is to learn details from those who have been through the process or are otherwise intimately familiar with the process.

As for the tests, what bearing does an IQ test have on mental health? (I’m hoping that the need for an IQ test that’s been shared in places is inaccurate - or I’d enjoy learning the science behind that, especially without a baseline to compare against - but sometimes the FAA does things because that’s they way they do things.)

I do appreciate your help and I certainly don’t mean to be dismissive, but, right now, I’m much more curious about the procedural/process matters than the nitty-gritty medical side of my particular situation. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Not patronizing anyone. Without more information about the issue and what tests or consults you believe to be “comically antiquainted” and irrelevant, it IS just a rant and all we can do IS commiserate.