View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 10:45 AM
BurritoBeach
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Guppy CA
Default Education History

Scenario for everyone:

I am currently flying ACMI and have been given a job offer at a major. I was just talking to good friend of mine, who was also recently given an offer, about our experiences with the process, etc. In our conversation, something came up that has me concerned, and that is an entry, or lack thereof, in my education history on Airline Apps.

Long story short, I was hired by a brand new corporate flight department back in 2014 and their plan was so have the plane on a 135 cert solely for tax purposes. After about three months of flying, we went to indoc and recurrent (I was already typed) for the 135 outfit. We never chartered the airplane out so I listed my 135 time on the addendum as zero. I also didn’t put the indoc/recurrent in the education/professional training section because I reasoned that I was already typed so there wasn’t a need to list recurrent training. I realize now that I probably should have listed it because I went through their indoc program. I was SIC only so no 299 ride if that matters.

I’m concerned because I already have a CJO. I wasn’t trying to hide anything, I just honestly forgot about it when I filled the app out because it was recurrent and I was never employed by said 135 operator, but now I have remembered it I have a gnawing feeling that I should have put it. Chalk it up to naïveté/stupidity. I’m strongly considering backing out of my dream job because of my error. The last thing I want is for my prospective employer see my airman file and question why I attended 135 indoc but have no history of that anywhere on my application.

At this point, I’m essentially resigned to the fact that I’ll need to step aside. The risk of not being able to explain that is too great and I cannot put my family through me getting fired. I’m all ears to any suggestions though. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by BurritoBeach; 05-19-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Grammar