View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 09:05 AM
mexipilot84
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor

Originally Posted by randomroute View Post
I have not seen an MIA bid/award line go over 60 hours. Also, something odd happens after the awards go out...crew scheduling doesn't allow you to pick up the open flying. I did that two months in a row. No more than 10 minutes after the awards come out Im on the phone with a scheduler trying to scoop up unassigned flying, on one occasion I was given it ALL. A few days later all that extra flying I picked up is removed. WT.F?!?? The second time I had done the same and confirmed the dates (thinking I had gotten a little smarter). Then i receive a call from the schedulers saying “HOME BASED PILOTS CANNOT PICK UP OUT OF BASE FLYING”.

So tell me how home based pilots are supposed to make o/t?

As far as the sporadic overtime emails (1-2x a month with 2-3 open legs), lets be honest Mexi, they are for captains or people already in base. The one we just had was for 2 captain trips. To this day I have never been given any open assignment from an email looking for pilots and I respond very quickly to those if I have the day off that they are looking for. Theres major favoritism going on here. Nobody gives AF. You really wont find anyone here that says anymore than ‘damn thats effed up’.

As of right now I make $2970.00 a month after taxes. The guarantee is $3960. Is it worth it to fly a clapped out 737 18 hours a month? And remember if you're in Miami, you're paying for a crashpad. So if you break 60, its paying for the shared room and you just made the same thing I did. 119’s don't care about your pay. Management doesn't care about your pay. Your fellow pilots are working on varying scales and agreements. Once again, nit being dramatic, theres proof behind all of these words.

Haven’t ever been denied OT out of base. New one on me.