View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 05:39 AM
Bipster
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Default Working at transair Hawaii

Transair Hawaii really Sucks
I was hired because of my B737type rating. I thought it should be easy. Company has a condo in HNL during ground school with crazy rules. Cannot be in the living room without a shirt even it was hot and no A/C in the condo. Cannot do anything after 5 pm time " company call quiet time" after 5 pm or no cooking. The Condo has a TV camera that watches, what everything in the condo. Stupid reason to get rid of you and I was let go after 3 days. " told me that I lack CRM" Ha Ha. I use to teach CRM in university aerospace program. small company and you have to kiss ass to make it thru and live with Hawaiian customs which I didn't have any problem with but if HR people do not like you, you are done. The first day when I arrive in HNL and waiting at the airport to be picked up by HR person about an hour later. I was waiting in the hanger, I saw short 330 in the hanger and I thought about checking it out. HR person came out and gave me **** and I had to talk to the owner and HR people and had my ticket ready to return home. I apologize and said " I am sorry and will not happen again. Now, I knew that HR didn't like me and the next day she called DO and made the same complaint and DO say I do not have CRM and let me go.

I wanted to go to the University of Hawaii to be in the Astronomy Department to teach because I already had a master degree and hoping to work on my Ph.D.

Just wanted to tell my fellow pilots, be careful if you do decide to take a job with Transair Hawaii