View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by 20Fathoms View Post
Still somewhat new to the whole currency/international category thing. Last time I approached my 3 months without landings, they called me about a week prior to coordinate and asked what days worked for me to come down to Mecca for sim. This time, just crickets but 3 days prior to expiration I get a day trip and a landing (resets my clock about a month).

I didn’t get home till midnight so I didn’t log the landing till the next day. Wake up to log it and find NQ on my schedule and a sim ride to re-establish in about 10 days. Questions:

1: I logged the landing and the recency pop up now says I’m good till late June but NQ and the sim ride are still there. Should I call somebody about this? If so who? I have a feeling scheduling wouldn’t be much help.

2: Are we pay protected while NQ?

3: As I’m new to international, which of these is the norm? The proactive call to schedule a sim or just waiting for me to dequal and dealing with it later?

Thanks
My experience is that about 45 days until I expire I get this when I sign in to Icrew:

TAKEOFF/LANDING RECENCY: 330 A 0001/ 26JUN19 PWA SECTION 11 REQUIRES A PILOT TO CONTACT HIS CHIEF PILOT TO SCHEDULE RECENCY OF EXPERIENCE. IN LIEU OF CALLING YOUR CPO YOU WILL RECEIVE A TEMPLATE TO FILL OUT 30 DAYS PRIOR TO RECENCY EXPIRATION THAT WILL SATISFY THIS REQUIREMENT.

I fill out the template when it comes up. If I don't see anything on my schedule within 10 days of expiring, I email the Training Planner. It's on my schedule shortly after that.

Denny