Old 05-22-2019, 09:21 PM
EMAW
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by 1212135 View Post
Also I will address the reason why it done this way. Argus/WYVERN say to “ABC” part 135 carrier your pilot needs 1000 PIC 250 intype PIC ( Generals numbers) for us to insure your carrier/airline. So new FO out of flight school sits smiling face in right seat for 5 years till his day arrives “ Upgrade day”
But in order for ABC carrier to allow his new upgrade A/W requires as above mentioned hours. OH WAIT! He has nothing because you claim it doesn’t count. So how is ABC able to get captains flying there airplanes?? And yes I have flown larger aircraft than a KingAir under that ruling. I have 7 type ratings. All bigger than a KingAir. I’ve flown to Hawaii and Europe. So feel free to call me out. Only reason why I have downgraded to a smaller plane was QOL scheduale the 24/7 on call world didn’t work for my family when kids came along.
He was talking about trying to go to an airline. They will not accept “sole manipulator” time as PIC. Speaking of the big 3 and probably others.

The only stipulation on logging in the regs is for currency and in furtherance of a certificate. You can log whatever the hell you want, but when you are sitting in front of a panel of your peers asking for your career job, you better be able to back up what’s in your logbook. Personally I never logged sole manipulator as PIC because I didn’t need it, but if I did need it I would have separated it into another column.

PS The company has records of your flight time both PF AND PM, so the need to log it personally here is non-existent.