View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by MAGNUM!! View Post
I'm still up because I can't go to bed early. I have night pit and go tomorrow. No sh*t. Two sorties with a hot pit refuel at night. I might get home at 0200. At least they put a "show" time on the schedule for me to make sure I don't come in too early.

And for all the dumba** heavy drivers who think I'm bitc*ing about night flyin, save it. I've done as many night AAR's as Deuce has and have never hit a mountain. But the idea of hot pit refueling at night is stupid. The last time we did this the Ops and MX got in a fight because 1) we can't taxi without beacons on and 2) we can't roll into the hot pits without beacons off. No kidding. This is what ACC spends it's time on...F-22s taxing 30' with or without beacons. We spent 30 minutes on this at a pilot meeting. Many "experienced" 500 hr IPs offered their opinions while several 2000 hr+ guard guys were thinking about F-16s at Richmond.

I love the Air Force, I love the Air Force, I love the Air Force, this is better than hub-turning, this is better than hub-turning, this is better than hub-turning, lalalalalalalallalala
Yep. I remember and feel your pain. Ain't it great to be on the cutting edge?
That's okay. I'm sure when you are at Langley things will be muuuuuch more laid back and low stress, and the emphasis will be on tactical employent and not queep and appearances...

However--if you bat$hit crazy and did the Alaska thing...it will still have its headaches. But Dozer and Corky will both be great guys to work for--superior drivers and even though they are probably under a microscrope those dudes are fighter pilots first.

Good luck. Hour and half late out of Indy last night and had to de-ice, so if that helps keep your perspective I hope it helps. Also couldn't move/drop any trips this month--also an @ss pain. Pick your poison...