Old 05-23-2019, 02:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
I agree. If you're listed as PIC on the trip sheet / dispatch release you log it as PIC. If you're listed as SIC you're SIC.
If you're logging PIC time just because you're sole manipulator of the controls and the other guy is listed as PIC, you're going to have both pilots logging PIC and that's not good.

If an interviewer suspects for a minute that you falsified your log book citing a technicality its not going to go well. I've seen some resumes with half of the time listed as instrument. It just looks bad. IFR is not necessarily IMC. Anything that looks suspicious is going to raise eyebrows.
Not here to Argue but here you go. General Councel Statement datedFeb 9 1999 Paragraph E (2)
“While it is not possible for two pilots to act as PIC simultaneously, it is possible for two pilots to log PIC flight time simultaneously.”

Signed
D.Brent Pope
Attorney, AHM-7H

There a whole paragraphed stating why. I did my homework....NEXT. Now maybe there validation to the point as how many of your flight hours were logged as Captain PIC but they only ask for your PIC hours. However my statement stands that it is legal. It just may not be accepted at PART121 carriers. ( But as ive mentioned before regional airlines have accepted it before when pilots were hard to come by so don’t say no airlines will accept that.) Once again the whole logic of it make complete sense. A brand new FO gets hired at ABC airlines. 1500 hrs. Let’s say 300 hours of that’s PIC. As an FO he would be logging Zero PIC but we all know one day he will upgrade one day. How is it that he was able to achieve 700 hrs PIC and 250 PIC in type if these hours didn’t count?

PM me for PDF of whole statement. Sorry can’t seem to get a download on this forum.

Last edited by 1212135; 05-23-2019 at 03:03 AM.