Old 05-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Its illegal to drink on the beach in Hawaii. Solution? Wade into the ocean before you crack open your beer. A good lawyer would probably get you off a ticket citing some legal technicality, but the intent of the law has been breeched.

Personally, I try to keep my logbook as transparent and unambiguous as possible. If I'm PIC on the trip sheet I log PIC in my logbook. If I'm SIC I log my time in the SIC column, even if I'm flying captain on captain. If I'm cleared for an ILS approach I fly the ILS profile and log an ILS approach. If I'm cleared for a visual approach I fly and log a visual approach. No games, no technicalities no gray areas. Just a factual record of every flight since my first flying lesson 15 years ago.

Each to their own. I doubt any recruiter, airline or otherwise would be impressed by someone's ability to manipulate the numbers in their favor though. That's just my perspective from someone who's been on both sides of the interviewing table.
So if the law allows you to do something legally you shouldn’t? Doesn’t “Airlines”use excuses like weather to avoid Maintence cancellations in order not to pay for passengers hotels? Because one is a controllable factor of the airlines and the other is not. Seems like “Airlines” uses the laws of the US to there advantage themselves. Many documented case of that. I understand as an interviewer your thought process can vary based on a Companies health and needs. If your short 30 pilots and only have 15 applicants due to pilot shortages and interviewer can easily change there opinion one day to the next. Infact their boss would insist on it as a plane sitting idle cost money. 2008 if you weren’t an Astronaut you weren’t getting a interview. 2015 we will pay you 57,000 and give you seniority credit for any company you’ve worked for just to come work for us. They didn’t say “ah I’m not changing my standards”
Let’s put this in to a time frame for you
2008-3000+ hrs or no interview
2010-2000+ we may interview you
2012-1500 as the ATP rules coming into play
2015-ATP license and 1000 hrs (SIC or PIC of part 121/135 we will make you a DEC
2017-ATP restricted 20,000 bonus
2019-ATP restricted or we will pay for part of your flight school 50,000 bonus and give you flow thru mainline.

I’m done arguing this point USMCFLYER said it perfectly. It’s legal but do your homework on where your interviewing you can very easily say something an HR rep doesn’t like or think it’s politically incorrect and lose your shot. Long before your log book hours come in to question.

Last edited by 1212135; 05-23-2019 at 12:24 PM.