Old 05-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
That is the most conservative method and the one I use to (except for the logging of ILSs and visuals ), but again....if are you analyzing my logbook at an interview and you see that I have sole manipulator time logged, and not used to meet any of your minimum requirements for employment, and you try to tell me it isn’t right to log that - or worst yet that it is ILLEGAL; well I’m going to have to tell you in front of the entire board that you are mistaken and I’m going to be embarrassed for you in front of your peers and wonder myself if a company who uses to interview people has such a misunderstanding
Of the regulations is someplace I might be interested working (what else like duty times or rest periods or OpSpecs are they clueless on???)

Wow...another entrant who can seem to grasp what has been said time and time again

Dang the Internet is such a disappointment sometimes.
Not ALL jobs throughout one’s career have the same hiring criteria - let’s not pretend they do.
No-one is suggesting that logging sole manipulator time is wrong or illegal. In fact I think its the best way to get around this problem.

But, the logging of PIC time when you're not the PIC because technically, in theory, in the opinion of etc. you legally could is a slippery slope. If you want to stand up and tell the interviewers that you're right and you feel sorry for them for being so ignorant, go for it. I can guarantee you that they won't be asking "when can you start?"