Old 05-23-2019, 04:42 PM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Now Das - are you just trying to be obtuse or has someone hacked your account? This is not your usual self it seems.
I'm actually a very sarcastic cocky individual that tries to show some restraint while typing on the forum. I have some time on my hands today so I felt like having some fun.

When a company looks at individuals PIC time on their resume they think of the time that person has been the one ultimately responsible for the multi million dollar assets they have been handed the metaphorical keys to. The one that has the ultimate authority for the operation of the aircraft. The one that signs the AML etc. Not the guy sitting in the right seat watching him whilst logging pseudo PIC time, just because legally he can.
It's misleading and it will lead to a TBNT letter from any reputable airline.

If guys want to create a new column in logbook pro called "sole manipulator of the controls, legally logged as PIC in order to meet the upgrade requirements set forth by Argus and Gieco insurance etc." Then go for it.
Logging it as real, genuine, "I signed for the aircraft and I was the company designated Captain" PIC column is false advertising.
It's like the people who know are average at best when it comes to physical appearance but look like Brad and Angelina on their social media profile. That's legal too.

Legal or not, logging PIC time when you're not really the Captain is B.S.