Old 05-23-2019, 05:12 PM
Das Auto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by 1212135 View Post
I dont get that. You worked or did work for a company that hires and is currently hiring 1500 hr SIC off the street. With a promise of 1 year Captain Upgrade pending you pass a command assessment. You know as well as I do as others on this forum not 1 of there hours was PIC by your standards But they get the upgrade. And you know as well as anyone else Argus/Gieco set a PIC standard of time. So help me understand how this is happening?
Because its total time and time in type. Most of my time is from the 121 world and that's where I cut my teeth. I upgraded with zero turbine PIC time, then moved to a larger airplane that I'd never even flown before as a Captain. Not a single hour logged in that aircraft as either SIC, fake PIC or real PIC. Just a type ride in the sim then a couple of weeks of IOE.

Granted the part 135 world allows a little more flex when it comes to interpreting the rules, but anyone who plans on sitting in front of a major part 121 air carrier in the future should keep their logbook black and white (or green if its that brand.) No gray areas. No Pseudo PIC.