Thread: Chairman's Message-05/16/19

BLOB , 05-24-2019 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off
BLOB
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2018
Quote: If I were a new hire here, with let's say a 30 year active career followed by possibly a 20 to 25 year retirement to fund (self and or spouse), I would be adamant that the union explore other retirement options. A new guy could possibly be "married" to FedEx for 50+ years. With everything that could happen in the air cargo world, i.e. the Amazon/Bezos issue, pilotless cargo airplanes, E. Musk exploring high speed underground transportation tubes, I think I would want as much money in my name/control that doesn't rely on the decades long profitable viability of FedEx, with a big Bfund with cash over cap as the front runner of retirement options. Something to consider.
This company is not entirely made up of 30yo new hires and they are not the only interests that ALPA needs to consider. I keep hearing we need to abandon the A plan so we don’t screw them over yet the proposed VB will admittedly not improve the retirement for pilots who have already worked here 10-15 years and are nearing retirement. So let’s hose our pilots who have been here longer? I can’t say that passes the logic test.