Old 05-25-2019, 01:18 PM
JabroniJohn
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Originally Posted by soitgoes View Post
I'm an Air Guard pilot... I would definitely not tell them. They aren't legally allowed to make hiring decisions based upon your military status, so why bring it up?

Also, at the airline, you're a number and that's it. You drop Mil Leave, they find someone who walks/talks/looks like/flies like you in two seconds and put them on the schedule.

I've been at my company about 2 years and four months, and at least a year of that has been Mil Leave (deployments/training/etc.). I use the automated submission page, and I have NEVER talked to anyone about my leave (except when coordinating re-qual after coming back from a 7-month deployment). It's an easy process, because if they raise a fuss, they deal with USERRA, and they lose... Ask Delta.

If you want to serve, good on you... Go do it. It can be the best and worst part of your life, from moment to moment. Enjoy the good parts.

Good luck.
Thank you. It's good to know that it works facelessly like that and that it shouldn't be a problem. I am aware of USERRA, but just wanted to make sure there won't be any "in between the lines" type of pushback against me.