View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 06:37 AM
bklynbacon
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

As someone who is currently where you are, I would say to do what everyone here is saying. Get going on the PPL first. You have to see if you really like this flying thing. You're going to have VERY hard days, then you'll have some good ones, then another set of hard days. I currently work full time, and I'm going to pull the trigger on leaving after I complete my Comm. Multi Add-On. I'm going to go the CFI route then.

You will have dissenting opinions on whether you should go part 61 mom & pop/ATP or similar, or part 141-flight academy/university track. It's solely based on your learning style. I've been in a very structured environment my entire adult life as a cop, so the 61 didn't work for me. I needed clearly set goals and expectations/track. So I switched schools to a part 141. There's plenty of people who do just fine in part 61 training. They have good instructors and schools. That wasn't my experience. So, I recognized it early on, and made the change. I'm glad I did. Explore the two and decide from there. my 2 cents. Good luck.