Old 05-29-2019, 05:31 PM
captive apple
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by Check Complete View Post
He showed me the letter of why he was bypassed. He would have to take another base until a SLC position opened, and he can't take that risk. Yes he could have upgraded and had an awful schedule, he didn't want that either.

Why can't a person bid an airplane in their base? Because it's a difficulty the company doesn't want to deal with.

Plain and simple, it's wrong, and it's a violation of seniority that would never happen at virtually all other airlines. If this ever happened at D or U it would be world war III!
I was wondering if they could have transitioned to the junior base filling the vacancies then transferred back in seniority order. Thanks. The junior FO to be awarded SLC didn’t even spend a full month in ORD before being given SLC. Talk about a big ballyhoo over what has been “how we have always done it”.
a trained pilot always gets the slot before a pilot needing trained.
They knew SLC was going to keep growing (I think) so I still don’t like it but we all know how the game gets played. Meaning you might get that outwest upgrade but you will probably have to put in for “Minnie Tour”