Old 05-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by amcnd View Post
Some airlines displace like crazy. I was kicked out of 3 domiciles and 4 seats at eagle.... pick your poison...
Maybe, but seniority has always been, should always be, and must remain a double edged sword. And while people may have been displaced or down graded, at least the written rules were used.

Can that be said here? Ask a SEA or PDX CRJ pilot how the displacements worked?

Consider this;

We have a situation similar to the Boeing MAX, in that that model may not even fly again this year, but maybe sooner, who knows? It’s been what, 4 months now? I haven’t kept track? Let’s say one of our fleet types is grounded for the foreseeable future. Do you really think the company would pay 75 hours to everybody to go on a three week fishing trip? Do you really think they would furlough in reverse seniority to only one of their fleet type that is flying? Train thousands of guys to fly a different type because it was written that way in an unenforceable poorly written document that really has zero legal bearing? Or do you think some cunning accountant would legally keep one side of the airline flying and cut out the cancerous side with some choice words to keep the share holders happy?

I’m pretty sure I know what would happen. And don’t say it isn’t possible, many years ago every CRJ in the world was grounded. Some S/N’s for a few days and some for many weeks. As I said what if what has plagued the MAX were to happen so to say the 175?

If you think the realm of seniority would be honored, I don’t know what to tell you. Because it won’t. Company need is what has always prevailed, and that is not going to change unless the pilot group decides to protect themselves.