View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:57 PM
salhnl
CFI

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: RIGHT

Originally Posted by UncreativeUser View Post
I moved from my comfy big 141 school to DFW and went with US Aviation. They have great management, awesome people to work with, and a lot of air China contract students which means they will NEVER cancel on you, meaning more time and money.

The knock on this school though is the fact they fly old 1975 C172M models. They fly great and are extremely well maintained, but for someone like me who came from a school with G1000/G1000nxi it is something to get used to. Also, the language barrier from the Chinese can get annoying, but some can speak very good English and you can have a great conversation with them.

All in all, it was a great school to work for. My previous school the most hours I got was about 60 hours with weather, my cancellations, student cancellations, etc. I got 115 hours at US Aviation in my best month, some even got 140. Contract students will get you some serious hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I may ask, did you sign up with Envoy Cadet program from the very beginning or did it take you a few months to decide? I presume you are done at US Aviation?
If you are done, did you get the 175? How long has reserved been at DFW?
Thx!