View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 07:34 AM
Starlifter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: 737 FO/Capt/FO

[QUOTE=sidelinesam;2828758]
Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
You’d be surprised how reasonable the cost is. I have spoken directly with MAC parking mgt.
It is ab $60 per month with an initial activation fee for the reader.
The parking rules are the same as we have now. It might be on a different floor but in the end not unreasonable.
The only reason I could not sign my own parking contract is bc SCA offers parking.

Should the parking loss be true, We would have issues with building C departures and secure parking. As of now the company is still obligated to transport us to/from HHH terminal should there be a building C arrival/departure.
However, as long as the mandatory crew room check-in requirement exists in the FOM...the building C transport is still in play...

I realize it is a point/precedent issue wrt parking and the current contract language.[/QUOTE

$60/month per pilot adds up. And with all of the cost cutting measures that the new regime has implemented, I'm sure the numbers have been crunched to see how much it would cost to shuttle from Building C to the terminal. Or perhaps from another remote parking lot to the terminal.

I know a guy who just this week was told by scheduling they were going to get an uber for his crew to get from HHH to C until he asked about the groomer van.

I know what the contract specifies. I just don't have faith that management isn't trying to do an end run around anything they might consider an unnecessary perk and expense.
I agree, it does add up.

Uber usage has been a common response by scheds to get to building C for the last year or so.

I would virtually guarantee mgt will continue to go after low hanging fruit!