View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
bryantchan1
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Default Two Random Questions

A while ago I remember seeing two different random questions in a different forum that I now can't find. They were interesting questions, though, I think they were hypothetical, and I don't think I ever got to read the answers.

(i) Leave of Absence - I think the situation was that the pilot wanted to go to law school (or maybe just get an undergraduate degree, don't remember), and she was wondering how LOAs work--whether they are often granted, for how long, if seniority still holds, other implications.

completely unrelated,
(ii) Type Rating - I think the pilot was employed as an RJ captain at a regional airline. His question was something along the lines of, if I get a type rating for something big (not a 737, I think it was a 767 or maybe even the triple) between the time I quit my regional and am hired at a major that flies a diverse fleet of small and big jets (like UAL/AAL/CAL), and I already have my big airplane type rating (say 767), will they put me, the former RJ captain in an FO slot on the 767 or, say, the 737? I think he was pretty interested in international stuff.

Just some interesting questions I never heard the answers to.