Old 05-30-2019, 07:17 PM
Nevjets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Default Does SKW honor seniority like a union shop?

Originally Posted by Utah View Post
I call BS. She probably went to training and then sent back to the right seat. She probably didn't want to tell you that. And many years ago it was up or out...

I've known several guys that were sent back to the right seat.. and then later upgraded after working on some things.
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
What AMCND said.

It happened rarely, but when it did it was for VERY good reason and never to my knowledge for any reason but safety.
I honestly don’t know. I’m just relaying what she said. This was certainly back in the up or out days so I don’t know how she would still be employed by Skywest when she told me this is if in fact she actually went to upgrade training and didn’t pass.

But Check Complete seems to be corroborating the story.

Originally Posted by Check Complete View Post
I'm very familiar with this particular event, as an FO the Captain's decision was questioned. Turns out the FO was completely correct and the Captain's idea was, well, retarded. The Captain in question got all butt hurt and called his buddy director at HQ and they went after blood. And yes, she was not allowed to upgrade. Got pulled down to SGU for a little attitude adjustment because she was able to show how bad the Captain's decision actually was and wouldn't relent that she had made a wrong decision.

The seniority system has and can be superseded by company need. Nothing will change because the most important entity is happy with the results. And thus there is also PBS and that has been hurting people for so long the pain isn't noticeable any more.