View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 10:24 PM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by MysteriousMrX View Post
Why?
To be a Skywest pilot he’d be commuting to reserve. Waiting years for upgrade.
And in an environment of “holier than thou” that’ll alienate him from most normal pilots.
The fact that SKW ”think” they’re better then everyone should tell you all you need to know.
We all do the same job. SKW won’t listen to a Mesa jumpseater who caught their mis-readback of an altitude clearance.. and proceeded to bust altitude and “get a phone number” because of their arrogance.
SkyPEST pilots are NO better or worse than anyone else. Don’t need to commute to be with them. Mesa will welcome you and you’ll be part of a great family that is humble and respectful to all.
When I was at SkyWest we had plenty of Mesa jumpseaters as both an FO or a CA. I never saw them treated poorly... In fact we usually just all swapped stories about whatever BS our mutual companies were pulling.

I don’t doubt that with over 4,000 pilots or whatever they have that there are some tools with an attitude, but you’re really kidding yourself if you think that’s just SkyWest. You actually sound like a giant immature tool yourself with this post.

You and every other RJ pilot are in the same crap sandwich, hopefully trying to move on ASAP. I suggest not being super negative and disparaging of large groups of other pilots, unless you want to fly an RJ the rest of your career. Bad attitudes are easy to detect, and major HR/pilot recruiters WILL pick up on it.