View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Asiabound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Position: recliner

Originally Posted by CJflyer74 View Post
To the current Kalitta pilots on the forum...

I currently hold a First Class medical, but I am concerned that years down the road I could potentially have to rely on getting a SODA medical waiver to continue working.

Do any of you know of pilots working at Kalitta (or other 121 airlines for that matter) that have a SODA waiver? Should I start thinking about a career change, or is it safe to assume that even with a SODA medical I’ll still be able to work at a 121 airline?

Thanks for your insights and help.
I don't work at Kalitta, but as long as you can hold a medical you should be fine. In fact, I don't think it's legal to ask any questions about your medical history. If you divulge information on your own that's one thing, but they can't really ask. This wasn't always true and even in recent years (not sure about now) Delta was administering their own medical exams, and anything they found could be used against you in the selection process, and that is/was legal. Not sure if they still do. But that's Delta, not Kalitta.

Now is your SODA temporary or will your medical issues get worse in the future and prevent you from holding a first class? How much longer can you hold a first class? Those are discussions to have with your AME.