Thread: ORD
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 09:44 AM
A.FLOOR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: Light Chop Reporter

Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
I’ve posted a few times and have been pretty vocal about my frustrations with ORD. When I was hired Chicago was one of our biggest bases flying for all 3 codeshare partners and was the biggest reason I took a job with Republic.

Since I’ve been here we’ve lost American and Delta flying with not a single word from the company. Chicago has shrunk to 33 daily departures (last I talked to crew plan, that number might have changed) and with each passing month and another staffing outlook it doesn’t look like it’s changing anytime soon. My question is this for anyone on here that might be involved in pairing construction, does anyone know what’s going on? Does the company voice any of their concerns to the pairing committee or union? It literally seems like if it doesn’t affect Indy or NY Republic couldn’t care less. I’m actually shocked ORD is even still open.

And yes, I understand this is a regional and we’re at the mercy of our codeshare partners and where they want us flying. But I’d imagine we have at least some say in where we fly? And if not and Republic can’t protect they flying we do have what’s the point? I’m not mad, just disappointed.
OO and Envoy took the DL, AA and much of the UAL routes. We never lost any flying though, just shifted it to other bases. Some went to IAH, MIA, IND, CMH and MCI. I'm an outstation based guy and I agree that ORD should be a much larger base than what it is. I wouldn't slam your colleagues though, it wasn't the outstation based pilots that wanted ORD to shrink. It was UA and DL and AA giving our flying to our competitors for a variety of reasons. One being primarily the cost. We have great pay and QOL, but it comes at a price...