Thread: Southern Air
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 08:23 AM
Direct Law
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019
Position: Capt A320

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
Since you are so sure he failed in his career and is so bitter, why would you want to follow that path? There are plenty of airlines in the US that are hiring A-320 drivers. Why not try one of them?

What is it about a job at Atlas that makes you want it so much that you come to the thread and insult those that give their opinions? Big Jet syndrome? Asian layovers? Just want to try out long haul flying at 16 - 20 hour duty days with min rest overnights (overdays ... i.e. trying to get your min rest in while sleeping during the daytime)?

Since you asked about training at Atlas, it is self generated, poorly paid, and fraught with the danger of a bust. Atlas hires many pilots who are not able to complete the training successfully.
Actually you are correct but if you sling mud I’ll throw it back at you. Changing the topic why Atlas or any ACMI carrier. It’s not the big jet jet I have flown them before Asian layovers well I live in Asia.Minimium rest well that’s the story of my life. You guys get 13 days off ever 17 days I get 7 every 22 days. No guarantee no pay protection no jumpseats no union no disability no pension but, yes tax free. Schools in this part of the world are around 30000usd a year for primary so at the end of the day doesn’t matter how much you make with kids you end up with more money in your pocket at Skywest. A airplane is a airplane to me.