View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 07:37 AM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot
Default FSA vs. ATP

Originally Posted by AgonzAPC
Hello I am new here. I have a few questions. I have a BSME/AE and I want to pursue a flight career. I talked to ATP and FSI. They both seem very attractive and priced within some decent range. The main thing is my Naturalization. I have not become a Citizen yet. ATP does not do accept non-citizens anymore. I want thinking about going to FSI and work for them for the 800 hours. I could also do it at the local airport and pay around 35K to 40K, but the problem is; borrowing the money from whom...? If any of you have some heads up let me know.

Alex

Alex:

I read where you said that Commencement Exercise is still about 8 months away. My advice to you would be to get a job as a mechanical or aeronautical engineer and save your money. I'm assuming that you have no loans to pay back. If this is so, make every effort to minimize your expenses for the next couple of years while you fly at a reputable local FBO.

The other route you could take is to postpone your flight training for a few years, save money and if you still have the overwhelming desire to pursue a career as a pilot, at least you will have the necessary capital to do so and go straight into one of the academies and come out debt free.

Blue skies.

atp

Last edited by atpwannabe; 04-15-2006 at 07:44 AM.