View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 06:24 AM
nuball5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Gordie H View Post
It’d be interesting to see the numbers on this (I really have no idea what they are)…but I’ve also flown with a handful of folks that turned down recall.

When I was brand new here, one of these guys made a memorable impression (as I was weighing whether to keep my apps out or not). This guy was definitely NOT a huge “JetBlue person” (lol) and with that I asked why he turned it down. And it basically came down to the commute. But I’m like it’s just a short hop to Newark and returning with something like 8 years United seniority??? He countered with still a commute, still gotta have a crash pad, etc.

But my thinking was (and is), if it truly was that much better there, he’d would’ve gone back? But to be fair, I’m not sure he was truly content with his decision.

Also, agreed folks don’t go big six to JetBlue. But it’s also accurate to say we have a number of pilots with legacy resumes who never applied to the legacies.
If someone is closer to retirement, I can see someone wanting to stay at Jetblue over going back to American. The only thing AA has going them is their huge retirement schedule. If someone older can’t take advantage of that, you’re basically going back to a big LCC with regional-like work rules.