View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 11:42 AM
DashAviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Yeah, I hear you. I've been punished for my age, punished for my experience, and punished for my extremely bad timing (hired just prior to 9/11).

I don't think the 2000 hours of Part 121 time and 1000 hours Part 121 PIC is a bad idea overall, BUT the Pathways program should credit previous Part 121 time and/or significant military, corporate, or Part 135 experience. Requiring that the pilot have 2000 hours at Horizon is just a blatant attempt to keep people at Horizon for 5-7 years. Also, I've heard that Alaska won't take Horizon pilots that apply OUTSIDE the Pathways program.

As usual, Horizon management just ignored any input from the union or the pilot group.

I've chosen NOT to participate in the Pathways program, even though I meet the minimums. I would prefer to make my own choice with respect to my next job (as in , the first interesting opportunity that comes up). The changes to the Pathways program really bite for the guys and gals that want to go to Alaska, however. Many of our pilots live in the Pacific Northwest and want to stay here for their families.