View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 09:34 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Put another way, I'm a reserve guys and will be for a loong^2 time. How do you think it'd feel if some guy came on here and said I'm not on reserve, I'll never be on reserve, so I don't want one penny going on reserve improvements and put that towards increasing my 12th yr payrate even more. So far I haven't seen anyone write that publicly. Yet here and on Alyeska, there are VX guys calling for removing pensions going forward. Since you're on the topic of pensions is it fair to assume an industry standard contract looks at it section by section? Our DC retirement is 15.5%. Today AA/DL/UA get 16%. HAL, JBLU, and SWA are 15%. 15.5% seems to be industry average today.

Now we've all seen the video valuing status quo and rebalance math as $13/hr off the rest of the pilot group. That kind of divisive math should not divide us. Those kinds of tactics are typical throughout history to get one part of the pilot group to turn against another. Anyway I'm impressed with the L-AS pilots professionalism on forums, not a single AS pilot responded in this thread.