View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 06:37 AM
BobZ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Todays pilot compensation snapshot isnt an accurate forecast of previous projections.

We currently have the best pwa in delta pilot history...particularly in retirement value.

Still....this is a good paying occupation comparatively speaking. Most of us oldsters looked for outside retirement security and savings because the pwa retirement security was a joke.

As a b scale pilot year one was $1800/month salary. No ot. No nothing. It didnt improve much from there.

In year 5 at 82hrs of domestic 76B i made abt $50k.

Because of the pension..self directed savings were capped at 6% of w2. And mostly without a 401k.

So it took near a decade to accumulate @100k in self directed account. And then with bankruptcy the company match in esop stock gets zeroed out in the retirement account.

So most of us had outside deals goin. My target was retire at 55-58. But divorce in my 40s reset that goal. Lol.

Early retirement is doable in a lot of cases....medical insurance is one wild card. If we restored delta medical coverage for retirees it cud remove the one big sticking point for those on the fence?

Last edited by BobZ; 06-07-2019 at 06:50 AM.