View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Turnamdburn200
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by RJ4LIFE View Post
If you can't follow step by step written directions to learn a flow then how are you going to follow step by step directions when running a QRH? There are no pictures or videos in there either.

Visual learner or not, the only way to effectively learn flows is to sit down in front of a cockpit mock up with the book in your lap and go button by button through each flow, over and over until you can do them efficiently with 100% accuracy. It's not fun, but it's necessary. Videos are good for some things but unfortunately not for learning flows.
I hate to say it but having a demonstration to start the learning process would help a lot. Hence why in the military when you are learning something basic everyone does it over and over as a group. Saying the same thing, becoming the robot that’s needed. Air Wisconsin has zero training on flows or checklist until you get to cpt. At least I didn’t. At the very end I was shown a bunch of videos that used to be in the study material for cpt that would of made it 1000x easier. To be like, oh, I hit this button and see this, vs rote memorizing it without any idea as to what’s happening. Someone who has never done flows or first flight style test will struggle without a visual reference. Also the qrh goes step by step and you read it. The whole idea of CPT is do things from memory, it’s like comparing apples to cows. Not even close.